"After 3 years of job search frustration I finally found a full time opportunity. Karl helped me totally revise my resume and make it ATS searchable. I received more calls in 3 weeks than in 3 years. I recommend Karl to anyone who has been frustrated by the job market." Joe
"Karl took the time to thoroughly understand my unique situation, provided me with an ATS-compatible resume, advised me on how to handle specific job applications, and responded to all of my many questions as my searched progressed." Brian
"Karl's approach to the process of resume writing is completely unique and his strategies are powerful, out of the box and empowering." Kamran
"Karl challenged me to change my search strategy, offered sound advice and encouragement, and improved my resume, enabling me to find a perfect position!" David
"Karl knows what hiring managers are looking for in a resume. He turned my search around and I found a job easily with the resume he produced." Melinda
Get a FREE resume evaluation today!
Hooch Resumes uses a collaborative process to craft your resume so that you can learn how to edit your resume in the future without the need for expert resume writing help.
Hiring processes vary from company to company. Therefore I will provide you with 3 files of your resume, two for different online application processes and one specifically for handing out to people offline. You will receive written guidance on when to use which resume file.
Your resume will be compatible with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) software. I GUARANTEE that! You will receive a written guideline with over 40 Do's and Don'ts for assuring ATS compatibility.
You will receive a unique cover letter that calls for action and establishes rapport with the hiring manager. It will be unlike the typical, mundane cover letters that don't get read and it will differentiate you from your competition. Unlike most cover letters, it will get read.
In addition you will receive advice on how to optimize your LinkedIn profile for maximum inbound marketing effectiveness.
#1 - Resume, Cover Letter, and LinkedIn Profile Optimization
#2 - Skills Improvement - Hone Your Search Skills and Learn New Techniques
Competitively priced with unlimited access to service.
Job search skills can always be improved. Hooch Resumes stays current with the best techniques. Topics include:
* Reaching out directly to hiring managers. This is the most effective way to get a new job. You need to know how to determine who the hiring manager is, how to determine what the manager's real needs are (job descriptions typically do not tell you the real reason the manager is hiring). Understanding the hiring manager's pain enables you to edit your resume and cover letter to be responsive to the needs.
* Interviewing skills. I will help you understand how to sell your core competencies and how to avoid making interviewing mistakes.
* Closing techniques for job seeking. You will find out what closing techniques to use that win job offers.
* You'll learn how to negotiate salary and compensation.
* We'll discuss your search strategy to make sure it is effective.
* If you want to use recruiters, I will make sure you know how to sort out those who can be effective for you from those who cannot. And you may discover some surprising things about recruiting firms that you did not know.
* We'll help you understand the many ways to network effectively.
Each topic includes written study documents.
ATS is a software tool used by hiring companies and 3rd party recruiting firms, the end users, to help identify potential job candidates. There are well over 200 ATS software products in use. They vary greatly in features they offer to end users such as parsing, onboarding, preliminary screening, and much more.
Of importance to job seekers is the parsing feature. Parsers extract information the recruiter is searching for to help assess your suitability for a position. Parsing is very affected by how your resume is created.
There are over forty document attributes you might build into your resume inadvertently, which have nothing to do with your qualifications, that might create parsing problems causing you to be overlooked.
And because not all ATS's are affected by the same resume attributes, I take a careful, conservative approach to writing so that your resume will be compatible with any ATS parser an end user is using.
And I provide you with a document detailing all of the attributes you need to know when you may wish to edit your resume in the future.
Serving Job Seekers Worldwide
My Mission is to Give You The Competitive Advantage
My resumes and cover letters generate more interviews.
I can't promise you a job but I will definitely improve your chances of getting offers.
I will make you competitive!